How I Grow My Hair
Safe to say this is one of the most common questions I get asked on a daily basis. I honestly never had that much of a problem growing my hair, but after analyzing what I use and how I treat my hair, I learned what worked best for me to keep my hair long.
1. First step is to not cut your hair for at least a year and a half. It took me awhile since I used to have short layers and I wanted to wait till my hair was all the same length. Once you notice your length is getting to where you'd like it to be then start getting trims every 3 - 4 months.
2. Secondly, try to avoid washing your hair that often. I try to go 3 days without washing mine. The second day I'll stick to dry shampoo and the third day I'll go with a slicked back bun.
3. Next, start using Mane 'N Tail Horse Shampoo and Conditioner. It is honestly life changing and you will see results quicker than you think if you stay consistent with it. Also note that it does tend to make your hair dry so it makes it easier not having to wash your all the time.
4. Take Biotin vitamins. I don't think it matters what brand because I've alternated and tried a few different types, but it definitely helps the process.
5. Do NOT wrap your hair in a towel when you get out of the shower!!! Ring your hair with your hands then pat it down with a towel.
6. Brush your hair from the ends and work your way upwards.
7. Try not to put heat on your hair. I honestly never blow dry or straighten my hair. Special occasions can be an exception, but only if you absolutely need too.
8. I also don't put product in my hair unless its dry shampoo, but no serums, masks, or etc.
That is pretty much what I follow regarding my hair care.
P.S I don't think the whole "drink more water" myth is true because I honestly don't drink that much water but I'm sure it helps haha